Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Olympic Sledding Material I am NOT

This ought to give everyone a good laugh. I'm uploading a video of my first sledding adventure. I use the term "sledding" loosely. We were actually going down on these small butt shaped pieces of plastic with a handle.



The Swedes call them stjärtlapp, which translates to something like "tail duplication". I know, the direct translations blow my mind. Anyway, the way that you stop is to either roll over, which I so elegantly demonstrate, or yank aforementioned pad out from under you.




You can hear my friend Lina yelling, "up with your feet!". Apparently I was applying the breaks too much.

2 comments:

  1. I beg to differ. I think you ARE olympic sledding material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I need to try in a sled next time and see if I can't get a little more speed.

    ReplyDelete